Volume 6, Issue 4 - October/November 2013
Center News, Publications, Products, and Events
North Carolina State University cooperating scientists Guofang Miao, Keren Cepero, and Jihong Song have joined the Center in collaborative research activities. Welcome!
- Research ecologist Frank Koch has been appointed to represent Forest Service Research & Development as part of the Forest Health Monitoring national management team.
- The December First Friday All Climate Change Talks will feature Northern Research Station’s Lindsey Rustad discussing "Smart Forests for the 21st Century – How Wired Forests are Changing the Way We Do Science."
- A new video highlights the ForWarn forest monitoring tool and how Center researchers helped water managers in Asheville, NC, investigate an unexpected forest disturbance.
- Center researchers reveal their most exciting discoveries and share their stories about becoming scientists in a new series of scientists’ cards for middle school students.
- Highlights of the Eastern Threat Center’s accomplishments in research, science delivery, and partnerships in 2013 are now available online.
- Koch, F.H.*, D. Yemshanov, and R.A. Haack. 2013. Representing uncertainty in a spatial invasion model that incorporates human-mediated dispersal. NeoBiota 18:173-191.
*Research ecologist Frank Koch served as a contributing author, manuscript reviewer, and associate editor for this special issue of NeoBiota.
- Potter, K.M. and W.W. Hargrove. 2013. Quantitative metrics for assessing predicted climate change pressure on North American tree species. Mathematical and Computational Forestry & Natural Resource Sciences 5(2):151-169.
- Sun, G. et al. 2013. Impacts of Global Change on Water Resources in Dryland East Asia. In Chen, J., S. Wan, G. Henebry, J. Qi, G. Gutman, G. Sun**, and M. Kappas (eds): Dryland East Asia: Land Dynamics amid Social and Climate Change. HEP & DeGruyter. Chapter 8.
**Research hydrologist Ge Sun served as a co-editor and contributing author for this book.