Forest ThreatNet News Update
Forest ThreatNet is the Eastern Threat Center's news update that provides the latest information concerning ongoing research, projects, and partnerships.
Volume 8, Issue 2 - May/June 2015
In this issue:
- Message from the Director: Questions from All Over are Key to Discovery
Eastern Threat Center Highlights
- Southeast Regional Climate Hub Turns One
- Traditional Knowledge, Science, and People Connect at "To Bridge a Gap" Meeting
- Scientists and Managers Collaborate to Understand Fire’s Role in Ecosystem Resilience
- Center Scientists and Staff Reach Out on Earth Day
- Middle School Students Experiment with Remote Sensing on Science in Action Day
- Can Forest Thinning Help Ease Water Shortages in the United States?
- Western Threat Center Highlights
- Center News, Publications, Products, and Events
- Contact Us
Stephanie Worley Firley
Forest ThreatNet is published by the Eastern Forest Environmental Threat Assessment Center (EFETAC), an interdisciplinary resource actively developing new technology and tools to anticipate and respond to emerging eastern forest threats. The Center is a joint effort of the USDA Forest Service’s Research and Development, National Forest System, and State and Private Forestry. The Center is headquartered with the Southern Research Station in Asheville, NC, and also has an office in Research Triangle Park.