Forest ThreatNet News Update
Forest ThreatNet is the Eastern Threat Center's news update that provides the latest information concerning ongoing research, projects, and partnerships.
Volume 10, Issue 4 - September/October 2016
In this issue:
- Message from the Director
- Here Today or Here to Stay? ForWarn Monitors Seasonal Duration of Forest Disturbance Impacts
- An Assignment in Africa Connects Forests, Water, and People
- Special Journal Issue Addresses Forest Management and Water Resources in a New Era
- Center Scientist Reflects on How a Research Environment Shapes Science and Life
- USDA Honors PINEMAP Project with National Partnership Award
- Forest Service Brings "Bad Bugs" and Good Fun to BugFest 2016
- The Wildlife Society Showcases Center Scientist and "Rising Star"
- SERCH Presents Tools and Information at Carolinas Climate Resilience Conference
- Western Threat Center Highlight: New Framework Can Help Guide Wildfire Vulnerability Assessments
- Publications, Products, Events, and More
- Contact Us
Danny C. Lee
Stephanie Worley Firley
Forest ThreatNet is published by the Eastern Forest Environmental Threat Assessment Center (EFETAC), an interdisciplinary resource actively developing new technology and tools to anticipate and respond to emerging eastern forest threats. The Center is a joint effort of the USDA Forest Service’s Research and Development, National Forest System, and State and Private Forestry. The Center is headquartered with the Southern Research Station in Asheville, NC, and also has an office in Research Triangle Park.